Test Anxiety? Well, Our ACT and SAT Prep Students Rock the House!
Rid Yourself of Test Anxiety Once and for All!
Call 216-712-7004 Today!
Whether this is your first time taking the ACT or SAT (many of our students do, in fact, take both more than once), or your second, third, fourth, or seventh* time through…the Westside Tutoring and Testing Services ACT/SAT Prep Course will help you attain your ultimate Goal Score!
Westside Tutoring and Testing Services offers:
- 2 and 4 Week Intensive ACT Prep Course (4 one-on-one, 90 minute sessions weekly and at least 1 practice test)
- 2 and 4 Week Intensive SAT Prep Course (4 one-on-one, 90 minute sessions weekly and at least 1 practice test)
- 6 and 8 Week Intensive ACT Prep Course (4 one-on-one, 90 minute sessions weekly and at least 2 practice test)
- 6 and 8 Week Intensive SAT Prep Course (4 one-on-one, 90 minute sessions weekly and at least 2 practice test)
- 12 and 16 Week Intensive ACT Prep Course (3 one-on-one, 90 minute sessions weekly and at least 4 practice tests)
- 12 and 16 Week Intensive SAT Prep Course (3 one-on-one, 90 minute sessions weekly and at least 4 practice tests)
- WTTS’ Fully-customized ACT/SAT Prep Course [3-4 one-on-one, 90 minute sessions weekly and at least 3/3 (6) practice tests]
Similar test prep (entrance, proficiency, and placement) course structures are available for the GRE, LSAT, ASVAB, AP, CLEP, GMAT, etc.
All Westside Tutoring and Testing Services test prep course and tutoring programs are one-on-one. We do not believe in offering anything less than the very best in individualised, one-on-one instruction. The classroom approach to test prep is, in our view, a complete and utter failure. Sadly, it is what most students are subjected to and it is why we see most of our students after they have taken the ACT, SAT, GRE, or LSAT two, three, four, and five times.
It is fundamentally impossible to reach 30 to 40 students effectively and simultaneously with a prepared (read: canned) script that fails to offer much, if any, wiggle room for questions and interaction.
Westside Tutoring and Testing Services’ ACT and SAT Prep Course students succeed while others fail, relatively speaking, because every WTTS test prep program is designed with our student’s needs in mind. Our primary concern is one student….the student we are working with (i.e., tutoring, coaching, mentoring, teaching, etc.) at that specific moment in time. We do not have to teach to the class average. Or, worse yet, we do not have to teach to the lowest common denominator.
Every WTTS test prep course is fluid, measured and adjusted constantly in order to assist just one individual…the client seated across from the instructor!
Every Westside Tutoring and Testing Services Student is #1!
Additionally, academic tutoring is also offered in only one way: Individualized, one-on-one sessions for no more than 90 minutes (read: The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz; and, The Way We’re Working Isn’t Working by Tony Schwartz). Both are excellent books and should be required reading for every teacher, tutor, coach, mentor, employer, etc. In fact, they should be required reading for anyone interested in peak performance.
When all is said and done, we are interested in little else at Westside Tutoring and Testing Service…given the proper structure and guidance, of course!
Ask us for answers to the following questions when we meet for our first, free, 90 minute consultation and assessment:
- Why doctoral (Ph.D.) level instruction for all of our students?
- Why do our all of our students require and receive individualized, one-on-one instruction?
- Why do all of our students require and receive a program built, and constantly monitored and adjusted just for them…and for no one else?
- Why are our tutoring sessions never more than 90 minutes in length (with the unfortunate exception being practice exams)?
- Why do we have to teach our students how to take the ACT and/or SAT?
- Why is more time spent on test taking strategy, and less on academics (although both receive more than their due)?
- Why do many of our students remain with us for months and, in some instances, years beyond their initial contact?
- Why does Westside Tutoring and Testing Services specialize in tutoring, teaching, coaching, and mentoring students challenged by and diagnosed with ADD or ADHD?
- Why do we also have a program for students labeled specifically as Gifted…and often in Gifted programs on taking Gifted courses?
Please know that WTTS also has a very substantial and thriving tutoring practice filled with students not fighting through the label labyrinth…at least not yet! Labeling can be difficult and destructive…it is seldom productive; and yet, it is entirely human!
Once again, Westside Tutoring and Testing Services offers a myriad of standardized entrance, proficiency, and placement exam prep courses for students in almost every age bracket and at virtually every academic level.
Here are just a few of the WTTS test prep course examples:
- High School Sophomores – PSAT
- High School Juniors and Seniors – SAT, ACT, and OGT
- High School Juniors and Seniors (primarily) – AP and CLEP
- High School Graduates – ASVAB
- Adults – GED
- Undergraduates and Graduate Students – PRAXIS
- College/University Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors – GRE, MCAT, GMAT, LSAT
- Nursing Students (university based, hospital based, and others) – NCLEX-PN or the NCLEX-RN
- Adults in their thirties and forties (non-traditional students) – Math and/or English proficiency exams prior to returning to school after years away
Over the past 5 years we have assisted well over 150 students, all 1-on-1, prepare for that most important of days!
Incredibly, the above-mentioned list doesn’t begin to touch the absolute number of requests we receive for test prep and academic assistance (i.e., tutoring, mentoring, coaching, etc.) annually from, as previously mentioned, students of all ages and at every level.
Westside Tutoring and Testing Services is very careful to take on only those students (and parents when appropriate – because it is a joint venture) who:
- Really need our help – either test prep or academic tutoring (this trumps all else – the latter over the former) – this is #1, always
- Are committed to doing (supporting in order to accomplish) whatever may be required in order to achieve the student’s goals
- Agree, along with Westside Tutoring and Testing Services, to a specific goal, timeframe, and framework for its accomplishment (completion is program dependent)
- Finally, the student’s goal becomes WTTS’ goal and we are well on their way to “Making it so!”
If, after sorting through this article/blog post/promotional piece, you would like to ask us a few more questions, and perhaps discuss your Goal Score?
Or perhaps, more simply, your goals?
Please give us a call today
Serving Northeast and North Central Ohio for Over 30 Years!
Professor John P. J. “Jack” Zajaros, Sr.
Westside Tutoring and Testing Services
*We are in awe of this student, an incredibly bright and determined young man who, after taking several of the canned presentation and big name test prep courses (for a lot more money!), and falling just short of his Goal Score 7 times, he came to us. Incredibly, after completing the WTTS 8 Week Intensive Program for the required proficiency examination in his area of concentration (3 sessions weekly, 1-on-1 for 90 minutes), he blew away his previous scores and achieved his Goal Score, and more. This was, without a doubt, one of the highest points in my 30+ years of teaching, tutoring, coaching, and mentoring young people. In a lifetime filled with high points, we were all so happy for him because he went all-in and, in the process, learned so much about himself, what he is capable of, and what he can do with the proper mindset…and the right assistance (i.e., coach, mentor, teacher, tutor, etc.). And he’d also become part of the WTTS family!
**Your success is our success and we won’t stop working until you (your son or daughter) have achieved the desired outcome. The Goal Score is just one measure, of course; and naturally, your son or daughters’ measure, including the Goal Score, will be agreed upon in advance…after the free consultation and assessment is completed. Call today! 440-821-7018