Fun Filled Fundamentals
Blocks to Algebra and Geometry in 20 Weeks!
Beginning November 19, 2011 and running every Saturday (except for holidays noted in advance) for 20 weeks:
Affordable for All ~ Call Today for Information!
- Each session will be limited to 6 students.
- Every session will have at least 2 teachers. Teachers are experienced in early childhood care and instruction; Red Cross CPR Certified personnel.
- Every session will be supervised by, and the curriculum developed and applied by, Professor John P. J. Zajaros, Sr., Westside-Tutoring, Lakewood, Ohio.
- Every student completing the 20 week course will be invited to attend a graduation party complete with a diploma from Westside-Tutoring of Lakewood, Ohio. Every student graduating with perfect attendance will receive a gift certificate worth $50.00! Our graduates will be able to use their gift certificates for books and/or educational supplies at Amazon.com.
Professor Zajaros has over 30 years experience teaching, tutoring, coaching, and mentoring students from 5 to 55 years of age. Specializing in tutoring children with ADD, ADHD, Asperger’s syndrome, TBI, and other learning challenges, Professor Zajaros also works with students labeled as gifted. Interestingly, they are often one in the same.
The Pre-K thru 5 Westside Tutoring Mathematics Curriculum (partial listing):
- Cubes – Playing with blocks is more than kid’s play!
- Counting Games – Games can be fun and a surprisingly effective teaching tool: Pre-K thru 5.
- Puzzles – Puzzles are challenging and are useful, creating spatial awareness, patience, and depth of perception.
- Counting and Sorting – Often thought of as mundane, we integrate counting and sorting with game playing to teach an important skill that will carry over into other academic disciplines.
- Time and Money – Not time is money but Time and Money! We teach the various relationships between the two and how to apply the understanding of both in our daily lives.
- Measurement – The beginnings of graphing, geometry, metric conversion, and so on. We use various measuring tools and we teach measuring while playing, solving problems, and cooking!
- Geometry – Fun in all shapes and sizes. Geometry can be fun. We use items of various shapes and sizes to bring geometry to life. The students will begin applying the lessons learned during our measurement lessons.
- Patterns – Understanding relationships is important for success in mathematics, the sciences, and in the application of various forms of technology. We lay the foundation for pattern recognition across several of our sessions!
- Pre-algebra – Your X Y Zs can be as easy as your ABCs! Many adults hear algebra and want to head for the hills! Interestingly, we use algebra every day. By introducing pre-algebra to very young students, and then slowly building upon basic skills, our students will reach an understanding and an appreciation of algebra early. Appreciation goes hand-in-hand with success!
- Algebra – A real head start using games, computers, and by applying lessons familiar to almost every child! By the time our students finish with the algebra lessons, they will be performing at a 10th or 11th grade level in mathematics. Guaranteed! Most high school students follow a mathematics track similar to this: 9th grade – algebra; 10th grade – geometry; 11th grade algebra II/trigonometry; 12th grade pre-calculus/calculus. Many of our 4th and most of our 5th grader graduates will be in a position to take junior year mathematics, either continuing with Westside-Tutoring or by way of some other accelerated program!
Saturday Pre-K – 5 Mathematics Program Schedule
- Saturday 9-10am Pre-K
- Saturday 10:15-11:15am Kindergarten
- Saturday 11:30am-12:30pm 1st & 2nd Graders
- Saturday 1-2pm 3rd Graders
- Saturday 2:30-3:30 4th Graders
- Saturday 4-5pm 5th Graders
Call for information and an appointment!
The consultation and assessment will be held in the home of the prospective student, at no additional charge. Each child will be evaluated based on the initial consultation and assessment.
Once the student has been accepted, and tuition paid, their spot will be secure for the 20 week program.
Both parents (custodial parent in single-parent household) and/or caregivers must be present during the consultation and assessment; there are no exceptions.
While this is primarily a first-come-first served program, it is important that all students meet certain standards of behavior and maturity. This requirement is in place because the students will be working in a group setting. Every attempt will be made to accommodate the needs of each and every student. However, the final decision to accept a student into the program will be made by the Director of the Pre-K thru 5 Mathematics Program, Professor John P. J. Zajaros, Sr.
If you are interested in this program, call for a free consultation and assessment today!
Professor John P. J. Zajaros, Sr.
Westside Tutoring and Testing Services
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
http://westside-tutoring.com ~ Our first website…so be kind!