Summer Session for ADD and ADHD Students?
The need for summer school has been a hotly debated topic for decades. Students are heavily, and understandably, against any kind of forced summer program; and, most parents, and a surprisingly large segment of educators, seem to be, at best, ambivalent. How’s that for a complex sentence!
Educators may also feel the summer vacation is part of the package, as much a perk as a well-needed, and, for some, well-deserved, respite.
However, over the past decade there has been a significant shift in thinking, particularly as it relates to continuing education over either a greater span, or to completely span, the calendar year.
The current discussion has grown, in part anyway, out of a recognized need to address the growing segment of the student body currently labeled as learning disabled (in one sense or another). The debate ranges from how best to address this growing segment of the student body, the answer is, at least when it comes to the ADD and ADHD student, is an unequivocal…
For information contact Professor John P. J. Zajaros, Sr. at 440-821-7018
Summer Reading Sessions Ongoing (Fiction & Nonfiction – All Levels)
- History – The Historical Novel or the Best of Historical Nonfiction
- The Great American Novel – You choose or we do!
- Sci-Fi & Fantasy – From Issac Asimov to Tolkien and The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings to A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire
- Literature – Great & Not-so Great – Everything you need to know to pass your high school literature classes…Gatsby to Cathcher
- Special Interest – The idea is to get students reading and keep them engaged…it can be fun!
Summer Math Support (All Levels)
- Middle School
- Algebra I & II
- Remedial Arithmetic
- Prep for Proficiency & Entrance Exams
*Our students don’t jump just ONE grade level. If we fail to deliver? Our sessions are free until we do! Last year’s average math student started with us with a a 49.7% (F) and finished with an 84% (B) in just under 12 weeks.
PSAT, SAT & ACT Preparation
- Critical Reading
- Essay Instruction
- Math Review (Basic to Intensive)
*Students have tested for the SAT Critical Reading at 282 and scored 610 or better on exam day. We continue to work with our students until everyone is satisfied with the results. Guaranteed!
Professor John P. J. Zajaros, Sr.